Skip to main content

Snow is Coming

It is suppose to snow tomorrow.  That is the bad news.  Summer has come and gone with astonishing speed.  I want to pout and refuse to acknowledge that it is time for the weather to grow cold and wet.  However, no matter how much I pout Mother Nature just goes about doing her own thing. Dang her! Anybody know her address I would like to have a chat with her, in person? 

Good news, snow this time of year doesn't generally last. In the next few weeks you will find me reporting every kind of weather from hot to cold, from windy to wet, to dry and freezing.  Utah falls and springs are always divine mysteries. 

Good news, I'm sure my dear blog readers have had about enough of my garden stories.  So for the next few months you get a break. Hey keep the cheering down.

Good news in lieu of garden pictures I will be sharing pictures of snow.:) Ummm...why don't I hear cheering? Hello.... 

Come on it is going to be so much fun, instead of pictures of flowers you are going to get to see pictures of angels......




Instead of pictures of tomatoes, green beans, pumpkins you will get to see pictures of snowmen... 



You are a "quiver" with excitement I know you are. (By the way did anybody get that quiver, because it's cold.. oh well I lease entertain myself)


Anyway back to the good news, instead of pictures of green and beautiful plants you will get pictures of snow covered branches.....



and roads that say, "Stay home, drink hot chocolate."

Best of all instead of pictures of Izzy sitting in the grass you will get pictures of Izzy sitting in the snow.....
 

I know, I know but really you must control your excitement. The neighbors may be watching.  Anyway as I prepare to deal with the snow tomorrow I just wanted to get everyone excited for my upcoming post.  Admit it this is much more exciting then the flower pictures.  




Yah, I don't think so either.  

Dang mother nature!!!!

Comments

Race Fam said…
My kids have never been in the snow, isn't that weird! The closest they've been to it is when our neighbors brought some home from Tehachapi, they made a hill with it and they rode my snow board down it. Sad and a little white trash, I know! Looks chilly, are you ready for that?
Willow said…
I love the flower and snow pictures. Question: suppose you lived in zone 9 and could grow flowers pretty much all the time, and suppose your beds were woefully flower-light, what would you grow in such a temperate climate?

Just curious... no real reason I was asking...
I was making breakfast this morning, looked out the window, and it was totally snowing. What is up with that? I am not ready; I feel like it just barely stopped snowing from last winter. Oh well, what do you do? I love the pictures; they make my teeth chatter. By the way, very cool background; I reallly like it.

So, what's up with the bike training? We're suppossed to start out riding for three hours? What's that all about? I'm not sure about this. Are you sure about this?

Popular posts from this blog

The Second of December

Today is already the second day of December. If I'm not careful the month is going to pass in a blink. Today is also the second day of Hanukkah. I watched the lighting of the National Menorah on TV today and realized how grateful I am to live in a country where we celebrate and embrace all different cultures, religions, and people. It is pretty awesome! I just wanted to pop in for a few minutes and say "Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!" Krissi

Ride 103.5 miles, CHECK!

Friday 9:40 am I have always lived my life defined. Meaning that I know who I am and I know my capabilities. I am perfectly aware of what I can and can not accomplish. Which is why I never do anything that I wont succeed. Also, a reason why I don't do a lot of things. A LOT! Among the definition of who I am is, "Not an athlete." Really, when we get down to it, it is the reason why I am freaking out about a 100 mile bike ride. Athletes ride a 100 miles, non-athletes aka Krissi do not ride 100 mile bike rides. It is very very simple. Yet here I am messing with my very own definition. I have every confidence that I will reach the end of the ride tomorrow. I have trained, I have worked, I have screwed with the very definition of who I am. Leaving the only option of finishing and dealing with what I have done to myself. I am positive that somewhere around 50 miles I will question and doubt my capability of finishing. I am positive that I will remember, "I am not athlete!...

Ask "the SwimMom" Holiday Edition

One thing that you may not know about me is that in my senior year of high school I worked at Baskin Robins. I scooped, dipped, mixed, and created ice cream concoctions for almost an entire year. It was the best and worst job I ever had. My favorite ice cream desserts were malts. Ummmm!!! That is why when I came across this recipe a few years later I couldn't wait to try it. That is why after I tried this recipe it became one my favorite cookie recipes. Below is the recipe for: "Chocolate Malted Cookies" 1 cup butter-flavored shortening 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar 1/2 cup malted milk powder 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 egg 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips In a mixing bowl, combine shortening, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup and vanilla; beat for 2 minutes. Add egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually...