Skip to main content

If I Could

If I could I would bottle the following:

The thrill of a first kiss


The fullness of love felt when you know that this is the one




The whole world in your hands feelings felt on your wedding day


The joy of meeting your baby for the first time



The peace felt while cuddling with your little one



The feelings felt after overcoming a great challenge


The feeling of the sun


The silence of the snow


The smell of rain



What would you bottle if you could?

Comments

Me, Myself and I said…
I am listening to "True Love's Kiss" from Enchanted --- on my blog's music player. Anyway, it's great background music to this post.

I would bottle all of those things too. I would bottle the smell of my husband. I don't know if that's weird, but I like his smell. And the smell of babies. And the smell of springtime. And the smell of chlorine.
Krissi said…
Chlorine is already bottled it is called bleach. I would be careful with taking to big of a wiff. As for the other smells you mentioned I agree. Even the smell of a husband.
Angie said…
I would bottle my age right now. I love my age. I wouldn't want to be younger again and I don't want to get old!
Willow said…
Baby laughter.


I had about 17 ideas of things to bottle, but then I waited up for my husband to come home from work. I waited until 2am, and then I couldn't make my eyes stay open any longer. Guess what? He didn't come home... he is still there 27 hours later.

The kids and I are now planning a day trip away so that their father can sleep off his super long shift.
4kidsandcrazy said…
Summer rain storms. Baby hugs and kisses. First loves and first kisses definitely. Laughing uncontrollably. Watching your children succeed. Watching your children be kind. Accomplishing something big. Feeling loved and content. I could go on but you get the idea. Have fun in Cali!

Popular posts from this blog

Ride 103.5 miles, CHECK!

Friday 9:40 am I have always lived my life defined. Meaning that I know who I am and I know my capabilities. I am perfectly aware of what I can and can not accomplish. Which is why I never do anything that I wont succeed. Also, a reason why I don't do a lot of things. A LOT! Among the definition of who I am is, "Not an athlete." Really, when we get down to it, it is the reason why I am freaking out about a 100 mile bike ride. Athletes ride a 100 miles, non-athletes aka Krissi do not ride 100 mile bike rides. It is very very simple. Yet here I am messing with my very own definition. I have every confidence that I will reach the end of the ride tomorrow. I have trained, I have worked, I have screwed with the very definition of who I am. Leaving the only option of finishing and dealing with what I have done to myself. I am positive that somewhere around 50 miles I will question and doubt my capability of finishing. I am positive that I will remember, "I am not athlete!...

The Second of December

Today is already the second day of December. If I'm not careful the month is going to pass in a blink. Today is also the second day of Hanukkah. I watched the lighting of the National Menorah on TV today and realized how grateful I am to live in a country where we celebrate and embrace all different cultures, religions, and people. It is pretty awesome! I just wanted to pop in for a few minutes and say "Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!" Krissi

Ask "the SwimMom" Holiday Edition

One thing that you may not know about me is that in my senior year of high school I worked at Baskin Robins. I scooped, dipped, mixed, and created ice cream concoctions for almost an entire year. It was the best and worst job I ever had. My favorite ice cream desserts were malts. Ummmm!!! That is why when I came across this recipe a few years later I couldn't wait to try it. That is why after I tried this recipe it became one my favorite cookie recipes. Below is the recipe for: "Chocolate Malted Cookies" 1 cup butter-flavored shortening 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar 1/2 cup malted milk powder 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 egg 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips In a mixing bowl, combine shortening, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup and vanilla; beat for 2 minutes. Add egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually...