Skip to main content

CAMPING 101

Well if any of you have already been to Sharonda and Zaron's blog you know that we spent the last few days camping at the KOA at Bear Lake Utah.  I love Bear Lake and spent most of my childhood summers at this lake.  That is why when we thought about going camping together I worked really hard to get everybody up to Bear Lake.  We had a really good time and everyone is looking forward to doing it again next year.  We think we may have even convinced Brent to let us rent wave runners next year.  Every body say, "We love you Dad/Uncle Brent/ Sweetheart."  Well we had such a great time I thought I would give everyone out there some tips that they could use when planning their family camping trips. 

#1 Choose a great location


Make sure it has awesome views

Day

and Night

#2 No matter how cute and wonderful one pre-teen girl is, put her in the same tent with a second cute and wonderful pre-teen girl and you will find your self yelling.  "GO TO BED, QUIT GIGGLING!!!" "ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!"

#3 When it looks like other people are having fun on these bikes remember the following.  They are just pretending so you will be suckered into renting the same bikes they were suckered into renting.  Children driving these bikes may result in you laughing so hard you have an accident. Finally, remember to take the break off for some reason it makes it much easier to pedal.


#4 If you forget rule #3 at least choose these seats on the bike.  However be warned these seats have the best view of poles mom doesn't notice as she is steering while looking behind her to make sure the kids are being safe.  "I know ZARON don't hit the pole."



#5 Feel your bucket up with shells.  There is no way mom can have too many shells.  Maybe even feel up a second bucket just in case.


#6 Bring lots of firewood, lots of marshmallows and enjoy burning them more than eating them.  What is up with that?


#7 If you are taking boys with you, "DON'T FORGET THE FOOTBALL!"



#9 It may look cold, but once your in your too numb to notice, so enjoy.


#10 Have a great time.  Laugh a lot. Eat a lot. And repeat......

Comments

Hey Krissi, I love your post; very creative. You got some really good pictures of the kids. I loved the football action shots.
Amos said…
It looks like you guys had an awesome time together. Those bikes do look fun and from the sound of it I think you guys caused other people to want to rent them. If I saw people laughing so hard that they were peeing on themselves I would want to rent one too:)

Popular posts from this blog

Ride 103.5 miles, CHECK!

Friday 9:40 am I have always lived my life defined. Meaning that I know who I am and I know my capabilities. I am perfectly aware of what I can and can not accomplish. Which is why I never do anything that I wont succeed. Also, a reason why I don't do a lot of things. A LOT! Among the definition of who I am is, "Not an athlete." Really, when we get down to it, it is the reason why I am freaking out about a 100 mile bike ride. Athletes ride a 100 miles, non-athletes aka Krissi do not ride 100 mile bike rides. It is very very simple. Yet here I am messing with my very own definition. I have every confidence that I will reach the end of the ride tomorrow. I have trained, I have worked, I have screwed with the very definition of who I am. Leaving the only option of finishing and dealing with what I have done to myself. I am positive that somewhere around 50 miles I will question and doubt my capability of finishing. I am positive that I will remember, "I am not athlete!...

Ask "the SwimMom" Holiday Edition

One thing that you may not know about me is that in my senior year of high school I worked at Baskin Robins. I scooped, dipped, mixed, and created ice cream concoctions for almost an entire year. It was the best and worst job I ever had. My favorite ice cream desserts were malts. Ummmm!!! That is why when I came across this recipe a few years later I couldn't wait to try it. That is why after I tried this recipe it became one my favorite cookie recipes. Below is the recipe for: "Chocolate Malted Cookies" 1 cup butter-flavored shortening 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar 1/2 cup malted milk powder 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 egg 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips In a mixing bowl, combine shortening, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup and vanilla; beat for 2 minutes. Add egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually...

The Second of December

Today is already the second day of December. If I'm not careful the month is going to pass in a blink. Today is also the second day of Hanukkah. I watched the lighting of the National Menorah on TV today and realized how grateful I am to live in a country where we celebrate and embrace all different cultures, religions, and people. It is pretty awesome! I just wanted to pop in for a few minutes and say "Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!" Krissi