Skip to main content

Project One

If you are at all like me and my hubby you like your home.

You have enjoyed a few DIY projects and most of all you just enjoy making your house a home.

Also, if you are like us, your room is on the very bottom of the todo list, where it stays no matter how many new todos are put on the list.

Well this year I have decided that is going to change. I'm starting my own Project 12 where each month I'm going to tweak and update our early newlywed not so newly room.

This month we started with paint I started here if you want to read about it. And this is how it ended up.

Before
P1176804

After
P1236834

The thing about computers is you may really not see the same color I do. Let me give you a few quick facts. This color is called French Rivera and is an Olympic paint. I guess it is a dark teal. The rest of our room is a light gray and together they look awesome. It was just the shot of color that our room needed.

What my hubby doesn't know is I have an actual color pallet in mind. But I know him and I know if I show him the pallet he is going to freak.

He will probably even try to tell me no.

Then we will go back and forth for months and in the end we will use my pallet. And... He will love it!

See we have been married long enough I'm just cutting out the fight.

But I'm all about sharing so I will give you a peak at the colors I have in mind.

image[40]

I also came across this on the Olympic site and was very excited.

























I know you're wondering how I am going to pull this off but don't fret I have skills.


Happy Wendensday Y'all

Krissi

PS
This is February's before picture. :)

P1236833

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Registered! What Have I done?

I'm just home from the gym. My legs are shaky, my shirt is sweaty, and my muscles are loose. Saturday, I biked almost 30 miles on a hill before getting off the hill and finishing up at 35 miles. This morning I went for a nice 70 minute jog. (Legs are not HAPPY!) Last night before going to bed I registered for "Little Red." Paid my non-refundable registration fee. Needless to say I'm what you would called, "FREAKED!" Holy Cow what have I gotten myself into, a 100 mile bike ride.  Do you know that this ride will actually take me out of one state into another and back. Does that sound insane? Who gets up and says hey lets ride our bikes to that state over there and back? I think I have officially lost my mind. How does one know for sure if they have lost there mind? Short of registering for a 100 mile bike ride. Do you know people do these all the time? They do them for fun! Maybe that is the definition of insane. Well what is done is done and I have 16 weeks...

Ask "the SwimMom" Holiday Edition

One thing that you may not know about me is that in my senior year of high school I worked at Baskin Robins. I scooped, dipped, mixed, and created ice cream concoctions for almost an entire year. It was the best and worst job I ever had. My favorite ice cream desserts were malts. Ummmm!!! That is why when I came across this recipe a few years later I couldn't wait to try it. That is why after I tried this recipe it became one my favorite cookie recipes. Below is the recipe for: "Chocolate Malted Cookies" 1 cup butter-flavored shortening 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar 1/2 cup malted milk powder 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 egg 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips In a mixing bowl, combine shortening, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup and vanilla; beat for 2 minutes. Add egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually...

Come and Gone

Christmas has come and gone the final hours of 2010 has began. I'm sure that I have a 2010 reflection post in me somewhere. But! Our 2010 is ending with family, friends and the baptism of my baby. It is so hard to type that sentence even harder to believe that we are baptizing our last little one. So the end of this year is going to come and go without a reflection post. I have chili to cook and family to visit and.... I did want to share with you a quick look at our Christmas We spent Christmas Eve at Grandma's house. At 80 years old she keeps the party rocking and we enjoy the time we get to visit with everyone. (A quick picture before we left. I try to get this picture every year on Christmas Eve.) Melting snowman was our little Christmas Eve joke since all of our Christmas snow had melted. (The stockings after Santa's Visit) This year we enjoyed a brown Christmas. The snowflakes all disappeared and the hopes of a White Christmas were in vain. ...