Skip to main content

Looking Forward

As of today there is 80 days until the kids last day of school. This year is passing so quickly. This is the only year that all my children are attending the same school. Starting next year my oldest will be going to Junior High. I shutter and stutter when I think about how much things are changing around here.


With the summer quickly approaching we have started to plan. Who wants to do what, how are we going to spend our days, what activities will we be involved in?


S. has wanted to do Jr. lifeguards since she was tiny and is excited that this year she will be able to do it. She can hardly wait until the summer she is 15 and is able to be a real lifeguard.


A. and H. want to start running every morning. We did it a little bit last summer and they want to do it again this summer.


Al hated running down the trail and is hoping we don't do it again. However, a friend of ours runs a basketball camp and she is hoping that she can do that.


We will probably try to do another 5k together that was fun and created all kinds of great memories.


Somewhere along the line we will try to get a camping trip in. You know that the summer just isn't the summer until you sleep on the ground in the dirt. Oh, how much I love camping!

S. began outdoor soccer  on Saturday. A three hour practice passing, running, and drills.  She was more excited then she thought she would be to be back on the field. She will miss the next soccer practice because she will be competing at the State Short Course Swim Meet.  She is pretty excited and is going to be swimming a lot of challenging races.  I'm excited to see how she does.

The boys first soccer games will start on the 28th.  They are both itching to get back on the field.  Which reminds me I better make sure every ones shoes fit.  The one thing I truly hate about starting the season.  All the proof that my children are growing like weeds.


With this past weekend being so beautiful and the promise of summer hanging in the air I'm curious to know what your summer plans are?

Any exciting trips planned? A do nothing summer? Lots and lots of camping? What kind of summer are you planning?

I thought I would leave you with a little proof of our beautiful sunny weekend.  Made everyone act like a goof.


P3153755

P3153753

P3153763

P3153769

P3153771

Have a Happy Monday!





Comments

Me, Myself and I said…
Cute pics.

Baby's whining.

Bye.

Popular posts from this blog

Ride 103.5 miles, CHECK!

Friday 9:40 am I have always lived my life defined. Meaning that I know who I am and I know my capabilities. I am perfectly aware of what I can and can not accomplish. Which is why I never do anything that I wont succeed. Also, a reason why I don't do a lot of things. A LOT! Among the definition of who I am is, "Not an athlete." Really, when we get down to it, it is the reason why I am freaking out about a 100 mile bike ride. Athletes ride a 100 miles, non-athletes aka Krissi do not ride 100 mile bike rides. It is very very simple. Yet here I am messing with my very own definition. I have every confidence that I will reach the end of the ride tomorrow. I have trained, I have worked, I have screwed with the very definition of who I am. Leaving the only option of finishing and dealing with what I have done to myself. I am positive that somewhere around 50 miles I will question and doubt my capability of finishing. I am positive that I will remember, "I am not athlete!...

Ask "the SwimMom" Holiday Edition

One thing that you may not know about me is that in my senior year of high school I worked at Baskin Robins. I scooped, dipped, mixed, and created ice cream concoctions for almost an entire year. It was the best and worst job I ever had. My favorite ice cream desserts were malts. Ummmm!!! That is why when I came across this recipe a few years later I couldn't wait to try it. That is why after I tried this recipe it became one my favorite cookie recipes. Below is the recipe for: "Chocolate Malted Cookies" 1 cup butter-flavored shortening 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar 1/2 cup malted milk powder 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 egg 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips In a mixing bowl, combine shortening, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup and vanilla; beat for 2 minutes. Add egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually...

The Second of December

Today is already the second day of December. If I'm not careful the month is going to pass in a blink. Today is also the second day of Hanukkah. I watched the lighting of the National Menorah on TV today and realized how grateful I am to live in a country where we celebrate and embrace all different cultures, religions, and people. It is pretty awesome! I just wanted to pop in for a few minutes and say "Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!" Krissi